Monday, January 19, 2015

How I forgot about my blog...

To remain relevant in business and, frankly, in life, one must maintain relationships.  Tonight I attempted to capture some of my youth...I played YouTube videos of some old 90's alternative bands.  I came across an incredible group from my college days at the University of Toledo, Jane's Addiction.  Jane's played a pivotal role throughout the middle years of my college experience.  One particular track stole the show....consistently...'Three Days'.  While playing this epic of a song, somehow my iTunes decided to start playing a more recent Coldplay download 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.'  Strangely enough the beat of both tracks happened to be in sync.  It was ironic, unusual, and frankly quite strange and amazing.  This mix was one of my college youth favorites combined with a modern classic.  How it happened I don't know, but what is said, how it spoke to me, was a timely epic, like both Jane's and Coldplay both are.  How one can be transported back in time 20 years to college and still be present with current reality is unbelievable.  It was an inexplicable journey of mediums....a message of sorts.   Perhaps my ears were just in tune to something special, but I believe it was more.  It was a meeting of present day, converging with my rich past...much of which, I had forgotten.   

Point of the experience is this...never forget where you came from.  It is who you are -  it is what you are - It is where you have been and where you are going.  Grasp it, nurture it, and never let it go, while always moving, growing, maturing, and advancing.  Life is love, love is life, music is both.  





No comments:

Post a Comment