Monday, April 7, 2014

5 Best Restaurants in the Scottsdale/Phoenix Area

I, like most of us, LOVE food.  I grew up in a European household where meals were the centerpiece of the day, particularly dinner.  My late grandfather was apparently quite famous in Hungary as a chef, restauranteur, and cooking school owner and teacher.  He passed when my mother was only 3 years old, but left his recipes to be handed down.  I was the fortunate recipient of all of those amazing and delicious recipes as my grandmother and mother cooked often.

I enjoy cooking, however I don't do much of it.  I find my time to be better spent doing other things, like working and being a dad, etc.  Therefore, I find myself eating out more than I probably should.  As a result, I have had the 'opportunity' to try many restaurants around the valley, primarily in the Scottsdale area and some in Phoenix, namely the Arcadia and Biltmore area's.

Here are my top 5 in no particular order in terms of preference, price or cuisine:

1.  Mastro's Ocean Club - Keirland Commons/Scottsdale
     www.mastrosrestaurants.com
2.  Houston's/Hillstone - Mcdonald/Scottsdale Rd/Scottsdale or in the Biltmore
     area/Camelback Rd/Phoenix  www.hillstone.com
3.  LGO (La Grande Orange) - Arcadia/Phoenix  www.lagrandeorangepizzeria.com
4.  Olive & Ivy - Old Town (Downtown) Scottsdale - www.foxrc.com
5.  Cowboy Ciao - Old Town (Downtown) Scottsdale - www.cowboyciao.com

Each of these vary greatly in terms of price, atmosphere and menu.  I provided the web addresses of each so that you can get a better idea of what they offer.  No matter which you chose, however, you cannot go wrong.

Check back again as I will provide new favorite dining options as I discover them.






No comments:

Post a Comment